Healthy Alternatives for Safety Conscious Product Information for body and Home
Contact: Shelley Kramer 310 457-5176 Info@Healthy-Communications.com
How can I safely bring my hormones into balance?Many of my customers tell me that, before they began supplementing with natural, bio-identical progesterone, January was always the most depressing month of the year. This was true for me too. Post holiday blues left me feeling emotionally overdrawn. Holiday stress, events and activities wreaked havoc with already compromised body systems. To make matters worse, both men and women would complain to me that holiday eating had caused a few pounds to be added to their hips but - despite New Year's resolutions - the added pounds seemed there to stay. Sound familiar?
If this does sound familiar to you, more than likely there is something going on in your body at the cellular level that is making you feel lethargic and also compounding your weight gain. If you are fabulously 40 or more, you are probably experiencing a condition called estrogen dominance. This condition occurs when the estrogen levels in your body fall out of balance with the body's levels of progesterone and testosterone.
We all know that elevated estrogen levels can occur as a result of aging. What you may not be aware of is how body fat can add to a cycle of estrogen dominance. If you are overweight, you are at higher risk of being estrogen dominant. In addition to the human ovaries, testes and adrenal glands, the body's fatty tissues also make and store estrogen. If you are overweight, your body is converting an adrenal steroid, androstenedione, found in body fat into more estrogen.
How does the negative cycle of estrogen dominance and weight gain occur?
1. Natural decline of progesterone hormone production typically begins in the mid-30s resulting in a condition of estrogen dominance.
2. Your hormonal condition of estrogen dominance causes your body to gain weight.
3. Weight gain means more body fat and body fat makes and stores more estrogen.
4. The estrogen produced from your body fat compounds your original condition of estrogen dominance.
5. Your hormonal condition of estrogen dominance causes your body to gain even more weight.
6. Weight gain means more body fat and body fat makes and stores more estrogen.
7. The estrogen produced from your body fat compounds your original condition of estrogen dominance.
If that isn't gloomy enough, there's more: there are many environmental estrogens, called xenoestrogens, that you are exposed to every day. These xenoestrogens are very common in paints, textiles, paper products, herbicides, plastics and plastic wraps. Xenoestrogens can even leach into that plastic bottle containing your healthy spring water. The plot thickens because if estrogen dominance is left untreated it can actually put you at greater risk for developing breast, uterine or prostate cancer. That is the bad news but estrogen dominance is not a hopeless, inevitable condition.
I recommend six ways that you can treat your condition of estrogen dominance and also control how much estrogen is reabsorbed into your bloodstream. Here goes:
2. You can also rev up or supercharge your body's estrogen detoxification process by eating at least two servings per day of indole-rich cruciferous vegetables such as broccoli, cauliflower, cabbage, brussel sprouts, kale or collards. My customers as well as myself, also supplement with a whole food nutritional product called Green Qi, from Neways.
3. Diet plays a critical roll in hormone balancing. Avoid foods that stimulate estogenic activity in your body, such as caffiene, chocolate, soy and other plant based or phyto-estrogens, refined sugars and carbohydrates.
4. Take a very close look at the personal care products you use every day. Most mainstream lotions, shampoos, conditioners, deodorants, and cosmetics are full of the xeno-estrogens, or hormone disruptors I mentioned above. I found great relief from my own estrogen dominance by switching to safer personal care products, ultimately lightening my bodies estrogen load. (See Convert Your Bathroom Pack in our Products link)
5) Include a well formulated, easily absorbed mineral supplement to your daily nutritional regimen.
6) Exercise~ No matter what your level of activity is, if you increase it even a little bit, you will meet with remarkable results. Baby steps ladies....slow and steady will win this race for you! I've had customers who were sedentary and began by walking around the block once a day and slowly build up to walking 3 miles daily at their their local school tracks. Each small step you take will yield huge results for you!
I can assure you that if you do these six things recommended above that you will:
1. Feel better,
2. Stop estrogen dominance from sabotaging your weight loss efforts, and
3. Reduce your risk of cancer.
4. Balance your hormones naturally
Copyright © Healthy-Communications.com. All rights reserved.
Telephone: 310-457-5176 | Fax: 877-885-4657 | For General Information: mailto:firstname.lastname@example.org
Webmaster for Healthy-Communications.com: Shelley R. Kramer